Autodesk® Maya® 2019 software is focused on providing artists with a working environment that is faster, visually beautiful, and more creatively engaging. It will help artists feel more connected to the 3D content they are creating and make them more efficient.
NEW IN MAYA 2019
Cached Playback in Maya 2019 can change the way animators work, helping them be faster.
- Cached Playback is a new background process that intelligently caches scene changes as animators work, helping to speed up animation playback in the viewport.
- Animators can use the Viewport itself to evaluate their animations which helps reduce the need to produce as many playblasts.
- Cached Playback lets you preview animations in a 3D environment and make changes as you go, which is better than traditional geometry caches and 2D previews.
- Users can adjust settings in a simple menu system to optimize performance for their hardware.
A BEAUTIFUL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Arnold updates in Viewport 2.0 in Maya 2019 give artists a beautiful working environment by making the Viewport 2.0 render closer to the final Arnold render. This makes it easier to see the results of your changes. It’s more fun creatively and helps save time.
- The Arnold Standard Surface Shader has been updated to show better representation of the final rendered content, so artists have a better idea of what the final results will be if they are rendering with Arnold.
- Illuminations and lighting reflections are now shown in real-time in Viewport 2.0 so artists can assess lighting conditions and make changes quickly.
A FASTER MAYA
Maya 2019 includes numerous performance improvements that most artists working with Maya will notice in their day-to-day work, and can cumulatively help improve productivity at the studio level.
- Faster loading of scenes that have MetaData
- Faster loading and interaction for scenes with hidden objects
- Faster material and texture load time
- Faster selection in Viewport 2.0
- Faster pre-select highlighting on dense meshes
- Faster snapping in Viewport 2.0
Maya 2019 receives improvements and addition in other key areas.
- New filters make it easier to refine and animate motion capture data.
- Rigging improvements make the work of riggers and character TDs easier.
- Pipeline integration is made easier through several development environment updates.
- Sample rigged and animated characters make it easier for novice animators to get started.
Autodesk, Autodesk logo and Maya are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document. © 2019 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved